JTAG Adaptive Clocking Kit for OMAP
JTAG Adaptive Clocking Kit for OMAP™
The JTAG Adaptive Clocking Kit (JACK) from Blackhawk™ is designed to allow JTAG emulators for TI DSPs to synchronize with the adaptive clocking cores of Texas Instruments OMAP™ devices providing data integrity and increased performance.
The JACK is a cost effective way to perserve your current emulator investment and still debug the latest TI OMAP devices without sacrificing features or performance.
- Automatic - no jumpers, just plug it in
- Fast LVC logic for maximum TCK rates
- Supports CDS510 and XDS560 emulators
- Compact PCB - less than a square inch!
- Standard 0.100" keyed 14-pin connector
- Right angle option included
- TRST/TCK_RET fiz for XDS510 emulators
- Faster Downloads - run at the fastest TCK rate possible
- Better Data Integrity - improves signal quality and data synchronization
- Portable - use with any target board or emulator
- Cost effective - preserves current emulator hardware investments
- Backwards Comptaible - supports old and new emulators and devices
What is Adaptive Clocking
Adaptive clocking is a feature of synthesizable cores, introduced by ARM®, Ltd. and adopted by TI in their OMAP platform, wherein the input test clock (TCK) is delayed and synchronized with the core clock before producing the output clock (RTCK.)
During this delay (synchronizing period) the target core samples Test Data In (TDI), Test Mode Select (TMS), and TCK with the core clock. This delay is variable and changes in real time, which can cause data corruption. The JACK handles these changes in real time, maintains synchronization.
You may find emulator release notes that describe setup changes (workarounds) that are necessary to operate with these adaptive clocking OMAP cores. This usually involves decreasing the output TCK rate of the emulator. While this may seem to correct the problem, the data and clocks will still be unsynchronized with the OMAP core and you sactifice performance.
The JACK is a simple and easy solution that will allow you to return your emulator's TCK rate back to its maximum frequency providing you with data integrity and increased performance.
JTAG Adaptive Clocking Kit
|USI13-CBL4||JTAG Adaptive Clocking Kit (JACK)||$100|